Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Addons

For many players, addons are a great resource for healing and buffing, as well as changing out the music in game so you can listen to your own music.

I thought it might be nice to highlight the ones that I use.

First and foremost for an paladin is PallyPower. It lets me buff the whole raid party in less than a minute. No hunting and pecking, checking to see if each person has the buff. It tells you right there if someone is in range and if they are in range, whether they are buffed. It will tell you how long the buff will remain, as well. And by either right clicking or left clicking, you can change between single player buffs to class buffs.

A very important raiding one is DeadlyBossMod. This just lets you know when things are happening, and shows you the cooldowns for the bosses attacks.

Headcount is quite useful for the people who would like to keep track of who attended your raid. We use this to put the raid info into our guild website.

Next is titan panel. This I like simply because I don't have to keep my bag open to see how much gold I have. It's also useful because it tells me if I need to repair, and an estimate of how much that will cost. And for those lower level toons, it will give you an estimate of how soon you will level.

Auctioneer is nice just to keep me updated on the economy. I can still pick the amount I want to put an item in for, but I know not to put it in for too high an amount or it won't sell.

One of my favorites right now is Bartender4. I condensed all my action bars and am now using most of the space on the bottom. It's cleaner and you can have more than the three or four bars that WOW has. You can change the scale of them, so the buttons are larger or smaller, so I shrunk them in order to make my screen neater.

Finally, my absolute favorite is SexyMap. It is purely aesthetics but I love it because of the border and the coloring. It is nice to clean up all the buttons around the map. You can turn them off, have them shown all the time, or you can set them to only show up when you hover over the map.

I'm continually looking through things at Curse.com to see what else is out there. My shaman hit level 70 and I've been having fun healing. So I might check into grid instead of pulling groups out of the raid window. Though I need to research healbot as well. I'd like to find something where I can click on the persons name and I can heal them with my hotkeys. This just requires more research.

1 comment:

  1. Have a look at Vuhdo instead of Healbot
    http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-addons/details/vuhdo.aspx

    Awesome Support:
    http://www.plusheal.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&p=44471#p44471

    ReplyDelete