Wednesday, August 12, 2009

3.2

I know everyone else has been posting about the new patch, but that's because it's on everyone's minds.

I kept up on all the reports that came from PTR and really worried about Castassia's DPS after the patch. Making exorcism have a cast time unless we pick the right talent in the Ret tree and taking away Seal of Martyr/Blood. Then there were the changes to Seal of Vengeance and more changes. Initially the thought of having to use only auto-attacks was really quite terrifying when my weapon speed is over 3 sec. Then they changed it so it does a partial amount of holy damage, which I thought might just be enough to work.

Well, 3.2 went live and a group of us from our guild decided to go try the 5 man reg. and heroic. We figured the reg. would be nice because it would give us an idea of what the heroic would give us, just tougher. Also, the reg. you can reset and go at it a few times.

I'd read about the changing of seals with trash vs. bosses, and I tried Command on trash and Vengeance on bosses. My DPS sucked. Normally in a 5 man I'll pull 1900 or a little over 2000 DPS. Of course it depends on the buffs and the mobs and bosses, but it sucked. I was at 1600 or less the whole time. So I tried not changing out of Command, and it didn't do any better. I tried running completely with Vengeance and it still sucked.

Finally I went looking at my other seals and pulled one out that I hadn't used in a long time: Seal of Righteousness. I started pulling 2500 and even 3000 on the Black Knight (thanks to crits from exorcism I bet). So I found the new seal that I use all the time, and my DPS is back where it was, if not better. Also, there is a glyph called "Glyph of Seal of Righteousness" that does 10 percent more damage with this seal up.

All in all, I think that Seal of Command should just be trashed unless they do something spiffy to it and seal of Vengeance should be more of a tanking seal since tanks tend to stay on one target longer than most DPS do.

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting that you have this, because I had exactly the opposite effect. I went with righteousness and my dps tanked. Went back to old SoCommand, and I crawled up in the meeters.

    Note that I wrote the suggestion comment before I read this, so you may want to stick with the righteousness glyph.

    After next patch hits, though (th eone with ony), they are going to make SoC so that it chains between targets. You will want to re-eval it after the patch :)

    ReplyDelete